unnamed 1 film new europe dynamic banner dok incubator deadline 2020 460x100px RGB

WARSAW: After completing production in late May, the Polish/Czech/Slovak psychological thriller Red Spider has moved into postproduction through October 2014.

PRAGUE: The Czech/Polish/Slovak genre-bending documentary Gottland based on the best-selling Polish book will launch a limited events-themed release in August 2014.

PRAGUE: The Czech/Polish/Slovak coproduction I, Olga Hepnarova will move into postproduction after two final days of shooting in the Slovak Tatra Mountains in August 2014, with plans to have the film completed by the end of 2014 and a release in fall 2015.

ZAGREB: Twelve films will screen in the Croatian section of the 61st Pula Film Festival running 12-26 July 2014.

PRAGUE: The Hungarian National Film Fund has received approval from the European Commission to raise film cash rebates from 20 percent to 25 percent. The Hungarian system also allows for an additional 5 percent rebate for international productions, giving in total a 30 percent cash rebate to eligible films.

PRAGUE: Polish commercial TV station TVN, production company ATM Grupa, and distribution company Monolith Films joined forces for the first time at a market tribute to the Polish TV industry.

PRAGUE: Polish filmmaker Agnieszka Holland will direct the first 90-minute TV film in a four-part crime series, Death in Breslau.

MOTOVUN: The Independent Cinema Office will present a course on Developing Your Film Festival at the Motovun Film Festival.  

PRAGUE: Just five films from the CEE region received support in the June 2014 round of Eurimages out of 23 films receiving grants, with only two productions led by CEE producers.

TRENCIANSKE TEPLICE: The Slovak Audiovisual Fund is consulting with the Ministry of Finance about the establishment of conditions to set up a short-term soft loan system for film production.