The Polish Film Institute has created a series awards for professionals involved in various segments of the film industry. The prizes were presented at a gala tonight organised with the Polish Filmmakers Association at Multikino Złote Tarasy in Warsaw
The nominations were made Jan. 11 by a jury composed of Feliks Falk, Krzysztof Gierat, Wiesław Godzic, Andrzej Goleniowski, Barbara Hollender, Juliusz Machulski, Jerzy Płażewski, Jacek Rakowiecki, Wiesław Saniewski and PFI director Agnieszka Odorowicz, PFI said in a statement..
The awards were established to honour the professionals who are involved in film promotion and in organizing events such as films festivals and exhibitions but are virtually unknown to the public. Nominees in 11 categories were chosen from applications submitted by local governments, film foundations and associations.
"Previously there have been prizes for books about films, but not for people who are the organizers of events to promote films," Natalia Chojna of the institute's press office told FNE.
Nominees for the Polish Film Institute Award:
1. Entities Running Movie Theaters:
- Agencja Wydarzeń Artystycznych Pro Cinema for the Charlie Cinema in Lodz and Gutek Film Sp. ZOO for Muranów Cinema in Warsaw - Capital Park Sp. z o.o. for Neptun Cinema in Gdańsk
2. International Film Event of the Year
- 15. International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography Plus Camerimage - 7. International Film Festival Era New Horizons - 47. Cracow Film Festival - 23. Warsaw International FilmFest
3. Polish Film Event of the Year
- Film Debut Festival "Youth and Cinema" Koszalin - Summer Film Academy in Zwierzyniec - Tarnów Film Award - Museum of Cinematography in Lodz, "Krzysztof Kieślowski. Traces and Memory"
4. Film Promotion Abroad
- 4. Polish Film Festival in London - 19. Polish Film Festival in America (Chicago)
5. Polish Film Distribution
- Polish Audiovisual Publishing House - ITI Cinema - Best Flm Co
6. Film Reviews
- "KINO" Magazine - "ODRA" Magazine - Tygodnik Powszechny
7. Radio/TV Program
- "Kocham Kino" - TVP 2 - "Kino Polska" Chanel - " Trójkowo-filmowo" - Polskie Radio PR 3
8. Web Portal
- www.stopklatka.pl - www.filmpolski.pl - www.film.onet.pl
9. Publication on Film Industry
- "Historia kina polskiego", ed. T. Lubelski and K. J. Zarębski, published by KINO Foundation - Wojciech Marzec Publishing House - a series of textbooks for filmmakers in Polish - S. Zawiśliński, "Kieślowski. Życie po życiu", Skorpion Publishing House
10. Young Audience Education Project
- Film Academy in Warsaw (DKF Kwant - E. Tobiszewski) - All-Poland Competition in Knowledge about Film in Gdańsk (Gdańskie Centrum Kultury) - International Young Audience Film Festival Ale kino! in Poznań (Centrum Sztuki Dziecka)
11. Film Discussion Club
- DKF "Rotunda" in Cracow - DKF Socjologów "Pod Spodem" in Warsaw - DKF "Bariera" in Lublin - DKF "Żak" in Gdańsk
The official media partners for the awards ceremony are Telewizja Polska, Film magazine, Radio Trójka, and web portal Stopklatka. Gala partners are Multikino, Trias, SPI International Polska, TPS Film Studio and Renault, sponsor of the Polish Film Institute. Sponsors include Telekomunikcja Polska SA and Bols. The ceremony and reception was organised by the Polish Filmmakers Association and the Polish Film Institute.