ANIMARKT Pitching is a great opportunity to present your puppet short film project to an international jury and attract partners for its realization. The final projects were presented on 11th October during the ANIMARKT Stop Motion Forum, which was held in Łódź for the fourth time.
Pitching is one of the ANIMARKT Stop Motion Forum program sections - the world’s only industry event dedicated to stop motion and puppet animation. 15 finalists took part in the competition for puppet short animations at the development stage. The jury composed of: Luce Grosjean (Distributor, Miyu Distribution), Kerdi Oengo (Producer, Nukufilm), Jacek Spychalski (Set design and stop-motion animation specialist, CeTA) awarded 11 prizes. The Glass Elephant project was the big winner, as it won four awards, including a special accolade from CeTA Film Studio (the Audiovisual Technology Centre in Wroclaw) - a voucher worth PLN 60,000 (ca €14.000) for using the studio and its facilities for film production.
The full list of winners of ANIMARKT Pitching:
– Special accolade from CeTA Film Studio (the Audiovisual Technology Centre in Wrocław), namely voucher worth PLN 60,000 (ca €14.000): Glass Elephants, dir. Vykintas Labanauskas & Dominyka Adomaitytė (Lithuania)
– Special accolade from CeTA Film Studio (the Audiovisual Technology Centre in Wrocław), namely voucher worth PLN 40,000 (ca €9.300): Money and Happiness, dir. Ana Nedeljković & Nikola Majdak jr. (Czech Republic, Serbia)
– Co-production Award sponsored by Folimage: Glass Elephants, dir. Vykintas Labanauskas & Dominyka Adomaitytė (Lithuania)
– Distribution Award by Radiator IP Sales: Glass Elephants, dir. Vykintas Labanauskas & Dominyka Adomaitytė (Lithuania)
– Dragonframe 4 licence with a Bluetooth keypad: Rest in Piece, dir. Antoine Antabi (Germany, Syria, Quatar)
– Ale kino+ Award. The TV channel will buy the license rights for one pitched project when it’s finished: Albert, dir. Szandra Pataki (Hungary), Au, dir. Katarzyna Majsner (Poland) and Luthier, dir. Carlos González Penagos (Colombia)
– Accreditation for MIFA 2020 at Annecy Festival: Luthier, dir. Carlos González Penagos (Colombia)
– Expert consultations with puppet maker Marcin Zalewski, available at the production stage of the awarded project: Hain, dir. Alejandra Jaramillo (Chile)
– APALAB award, consisting of a 2 weeks writing and development residence in the Animation Production Center Quirino Cristiani in Cordoba, including accommodation in the castle, or in a house close to the castle. Also including mentoring/development consultancy in scriptwriting, production and art for development stage, and meetings with producers, considering international co-production fund for animation in Cordoba (Argentina): No Happily Ever After, dir. Gabriela Plačková & Alžběta Göbelová (Czech Republic)
- CEE Animation Forum Award – one accreditation to the CEE Animation Forum, local transport (Prague-Trebon-Prague) and 3 night’s accommodation for one person sponsored by CEE Animation: Glass Elephants, dir. Vykintas Labanauskas & Dominyka Adomaitytė (Lithuania)
The ANIMART Stop Motion Forum is organized by MOMAKIN – an organisation dealing with the popularization of animation, as well as supporting its creators in Poland and internationally through comprehensive activities in the field of production, distribution, promotion and education.
ANIMARKT is organised thanks to the co-financing from the International Visegrad Fund, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage from the Culture Promotion Fund and the Polish Film Institute. More info is available at www.animarkt.pl
The main partner of the event is EC1 Łódź - City of Culture and Łódź Film Commission. All the events of the fourth edition of ANIMARKT took place in the EC1 complex, which is located in the redeveloped buildings of the first commercial power plant in Łódź, which was established in 1907 and operated until 2000. Currently it is an open space for various cultural and scientific activities, which is the seat of the EC1 Science and Technology Centre, the National Centre for Film Culture, the Łódź Film Commission and the Centre for Comics and Interactive Narration.